If an earthquake strikes, we all want to know that there is enough food, water and emergency supplies for our children in the school. We also want to know that all emergency release forms are up-to-date and well organized so that we can collect our children in a timely manner.
These important services are done by the PAC’s Emergency Preparedness Committee (LVEPC). These volunteers keep the school well stocked with ‘grab and go’ bags in all classrooms and meeting areas (see picture on the left), as well as ensure that emergency equipment and supplies are well-stocked and up-to-date. More emergency supplies are kept in large steel containers on the school grounds.
Would you like to get involved with the PAC’s Emergency Preparedness Committee?
The committee supports the school with many Emergency Preparedness tasks. Volunteers:
- Supply inventory and equipment lists and purchase replacements as necessary (food, water, batteries etc.)
- Update student identification forms and student release forms
- Ensure all grab and go bags are properly stocked and up-to-date
- Maintain familiarity with the school’s emergency response procedures
- Liaise with PAC for funding
- Implement drills and exercises throughout the year
New members are always welcome to join the committee. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Please visit these websites for more information on emergency preparedness:
- North Shore Emergency Management office located on St. Georges, also offers ongoing courses throughout the year.
- Provincial Emergency Program-Ministry of Public Safety