Feel an 8.0 Earthquake – Are You Prepared?
Montroyal invites the North Shore to experience, learn and take action.
When: Wednesday, January 18, 2017
Where: Montroyal School @ 5310 Sonora Dr
Cost: Free, donations are appearciated for simulator up keep
3pm to 6pm Quake Cottage Simulator in the lower parking lot
5pm – Emergency Kit Sale
7pm – Speaker Bernette Woit – Understanding the school plan & creating your home plan
Your school community is welcome to attend all or parts of the event.
North Van PAC Meeting Summary:
Thank you to all PACs who sent a representative to the NVPAC General Meeting on Wednesday!
- Grants were announced. For further information and to download the application form please access the NVPAC website at http://northvanpac.weebly.com/grants.html.
- Have your say on report cards: http://engage.gov.bc.ca/yourkidsprogress/en/home/
REMINDER to provide feedback to the BC Ministry of Ed before the deadline (see letter attached from the Ministry of Education – September).
3. There are a number of POLICIES coming before the Board of Education on December 6 for approval. We have had parent representation on these sub-committees, feel free to contact us with any questions and, as usual, ALL members of the public are welcome to attend the Board meeting and provide input during the public input period.
- Policy 302 on Student Conduct (updating wording to reflect BC Human Rights)
- Policy 505 Employee Weldfare (updating wording to reflect BC Human Rights)
- NEW DRAFT Policy 412 Supporting Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity & Gender Expression. Administrative Procedures will NOT be approved at this meeting and will follow for approval.
- NEW DRAFT Policy 414 Prohibiting Access to Schools reflecting Ministry’s Section 177, clarifying administrative procedures.
Board of Education Public Meeting
Tuesday, December 6, 2016
7:00 – 10:00 pm
MOUNTAIN VIEW ROOM
North Vancouver School District Education Services Centre
2121 Lonsdale Avenue
North Vancouver BC
Pedestrian Access: Main entrance at 2121 Lonsdale Avenue (west side), proceed by elevator to 5th Floor
Vehicle Access: Parkade entrance off West 21st Street and Lonsdale Avenue, park on level 1 and proceed by elevator to 5th Floor
A few things that were discussed at the Argyle School Replacement Open House:
- We are getting a new school, but the budget comes from a fixed government formula.
- Funded under the Provincial Government Safe Schools program, so the budget is limited.
- It’s like moving house, you get a new home but the school is expected to use all the old furniture, equipment etc.
- The Argyle PAC will be fundraising to supply any new items needed for the new school.
- The government will only fund an all weather gravel field, but DNV is interested in possibly funding a turf field.
- DNV will consider making a bylaw exception for reduced parking, to allow for more outdoor recreation space.
- Build planned for 1300 student capacity.
- We were told there will be half lockers available for all students and they will be the same volume as current lockers.
Email your comments to email@example.com.