Congratulations to all the students, staff and parents who participated in this year’s Bike To School Week. We had over 900 individual rides this week within our school community, which is incredible.
Some amazing things happened this week:
- LVE had over 50% of students ride to school every single day this week. That’s 149 kids that rode every day. WOW!
- LVE had active participation rates of over 80% in EVERY SINGLE DIVISION this week. That means every class had over 80% of their students ride, walk or take some kind of active transportation every day! What an amazing way to start a school day.
- LVE had over 25 staff rides throughout the week. Well done teachers and admin!
And a shout out to our terrific BTSW sponsors. Our week wouldn’t be half as exciting without your support! There would be no spinning wheel, no energy snack, no bike maintenance, no end of week prizes… in short, we are very grateful for all that you do for our community.
Now, for the Prizes!
- 149 students will receive a prize for riding their bike to school five days this week. They will get their reward mid next week. Stay tuned for a refreshing and fun surprise!
- The parent draw occurred this morning with three LVE parents receiving prizes for riding to school. Thank you to Free Yumm.
- The teacher draw also occurred this morning with three teachers receiving great prizes from Lynn Valley Bikes.
- Congratulations to the Primary division winners Ms. Montgomerie’s Div 13 class for having 95.4% active participation this week! Your class will receive a Pizza Party!
- Congratulations to the Intermediate division winners of Ms. Laursen’s Div 4 class for having 96.8% active participation this week. Your class will also receive a Pizza Party!
Lastly, a huge THANK YOU to all the parents who made this happen. We should all be proud of the school for this great achievement. Keep up the great work and continue to encourage your kids to walk, ride or roll to school!
Your Bike To School Week Coordinators,
Trina Sporer, Anne Fischer & Brenda Martin
We now have accessible ramps for our new playground pieces! Thank you to the people who devoted their Saturday to build them:
- Ahren Britton
- Brenda Baylis
- Laurence Thor
- Marc Tietz
We will be celebrating the Playground Grand Opening at the Ice Cream Social. Stay tuned!