Before school ended last year, the PAC voted in the budget for this year. We had a large turnout for this meeting and heard many voices. Ideas were shared and we feel we voted in a budget that will truly support learning at Lynn Valley Elementary.
- New laptops for the intermediates and ipads for the primaries
- New equipment and programs to enhance physical education
- Field Trips: at $
20$30/student, look out world! Lynn Valley students are leaving the building to explore what is out there!
- igirl and iguy programs will be coming!
- With the funds we raised with our parent event, the Black and White Ball, a new and much larger screen will be installed this fall in the gym.
- We were able to fulfill some of the items on the teacher’s “wish list” including music and technology upgrades, library support, cultural performances, and classroom needs.
- See the full list – this year, the PAC is spending more than $150 per child!
If you have any questions about the budget or anything PAC related please contact Kyla. Remember you are all PAC members! Come to a meeting with ideas, to get involved or just to listen. We will be happy just to have you! You never know…your input may be exactly what our school needs!
- Next PAC meeting in September, 20th 7-8:30pm in the school library. See Agenda
Lots of smiles, full tummies, good weather – it was the recipe for a perfect pancake breakfast!
A HUGE thank-you to Eric Muira, Ainsley Thor and Save-On Foods for making this breakfast possible. Also to the many volunteers who arrived early to set-up, served, managed money, and cleaned up in the rain! We are all very grateful for the time, energy, and money you put in to our school community.
Our Pumpkin Patch is coming up quickly and we will need a lot of volunteers for a successful event. Please sign up on the rolling board in the school entrance or on your classroom door.
And last but not least – Hot Lunch ordering closes in two days! Don’t miss out!