It was another rainy morning on Friday but we still had 134 bikes arrive at the school. Thanks again to everyone who biked, scootered and walked to school this week. Way to go Lynn Valley!
It was a busy morning for our Bike To School Student Club as they ran their first bake sale and obstacle course. There was some fun competition on the obstacle courses with congratulations to Connor (intermediate) and Claire (primary) for having the best times on the course! Thanks also to Mr. Whitworth for agreeing to be the target for the water bottle spray station! The club raised $261.80 from the bake sale that will go towards PAC student programming. All in all it was a fun way to wrap up an exciting week.
We would like to take a minute to thank all of our incredibly generous sponsors, who donated bikes, food, prizes and time to make this week so spectacular for our children. Ian from Hippie Foods and Sarah from Free Yumm are both parents at our school. We also want to thank Lynn Valley Bikes, Rocky Mountain Bikes, Giant Bikes, Playland, the North Van Recreation Commission, Ryders Eyewear, Booster Juice, , Dairy Queen and HUB for their support.
We would also like to say a big THANK-YOU all our amazing volunteers who came out morning and evening to support BTSW. We are lucky to have so many committed parents in Lynn Valley.
- A primary boy won the bike (we don’t attach names to kids’ photos, so if you’re curious, ask your children)
- Sal won the Parent Prize Hippie Foods Basket
- Mrs. Blair’s Kindergarten class won the Pizza Party for raising the most pledge money
- Best week-long class participation went to:
- Intermediate: Grade 4: Mrs. Tallman/Baronit’s class had 62% of kids bike & 89% actively travel
- Primary: Grade 3/4 Mrs. Schechter’s class had 55% kids bike and 88% actively travel
$1330 was raised overall through BTSW pledges!
We hope everyone enjoyed BTSW as much as we did! We are always looking for new people to get involved with BTSW so if you are interested, please contact us via email@example.com.