At the PAC meeting last week, we decided on dates for our two upcoming events, so save the dates now:
- Family Dance – with kids – on Thursday, Feb. 23rd
- Spring Gala – adults only – on Saturday, April 22
To get the kids ready for a night of dancing, the PAC will be bringing in a dance instructor for a one hour after-school session on Friday, January 27th. This PAC sponsored session will be free to 150 Lynn Valley Elementary kids. It’s first come, first serve! Please sign your kids up through Munch a Lunch under “Fundraising Open”.
And while you are signing up for the dance lesson – don’t forget to order your term 2 hot lunch!
In February, the school will welcome Dr. Brandy Wiebe of Saleema Noon Sexual Health Educators presenting Sex talk, No sweat. The kids will have in-school, age-appropriate workshops on Feb 20th and 21st. But before that, parents are invited to hear what will be presented and have any questions answered on Feb. 6th from 6:30pm – 8:00pm in the library. More info…
Last but not least, you can check out the November PAC Meeting Minutes that were just approved (we didn’t have a December meeting).
Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities:
- We need help for the rather thankless task of going through the classroom Earthquake Kits to see what is expired and needs to be replaced. Wow, I’m really selling it, aren’t I? But you will be the most thanked volunteers in our school if an earthquake hits and these supplies are used 🙂 If you can just do your own child’s classroom, that would be a huge help.
- Family Dance: There is a lot of behind the scenes work that needs to happen, which can easily be done from your home.
- Spring Gala: This will be held at the school, catered by a local restaurant, have a silent auction, and *gasp* beer, cider and wine! So, we need a lot of people to help with the following Committees:
- Liquor – sourcing, purchasing, transporting to the school, serving (requires Serving It Right) and returning unopened bottles after the gala.
- Silent Auction – obtaining donations from businesses, running the auction, taking payment, and issuing thank-you letters.
- Catering Liaison – confirming numbers & costs, delivery and timing.
- Paperwork – obtaining appropriate licenses for alcohol, gaming application, liability insurance and possibly a few other things that I can’t remember off the top of my head.
- Transportation *optional* Since we are holding this at the school, everyone should be within walking distance. But if you are passionate about seeing people get home safely and would like to drive people home – well, that would be amazing.
Please contact us if you can spare an hour to help out!