But before we get to the big surprise, there are many thanks to be said for everyone who came together to make the Ice Cream Social such a roaring success:
- Save On Foods generously donated all toppings for the ice cream
- Volunteers came early and decorated with sidewalk chalk, set up, painted faces, scooped, took money, cleaned up and made for a perfectly executed event
- Mrs.Wanner and the ladies in the office who cleaned out the freezer so we could store the ice cream
As for the big surprise: Lynn Valley has a gorgeous new outdoor learning space! Note the stunning tree benches – can I say it again? Stunning.
This was made possible by:
- Eric Muira, who cut the trees, generously supplied equipment, landscaping expertise and did every task imaginable
- Brenda Martin (who sourced the trees), Mark Howard, Sue Irwin, Mike Sexsmith, Trina Sporer and all the other parents and students who helped with sanding, painting and planting
- Mrs. Laursen’s Grade 4/5 class for their work in securing a $1000 BC Hydro Community champions conservation award. The class was inspired by environmental stewardship and wanted to start an outdoor classroom. And here it is 🙂
- BC Hydro for granting our school the award!
- RBC for generously donating $1000 plus staff volunteers
This is only the beginning of a much larger plan to add greenery and play space to our playground. If you would like to help to transform our playground, either through behind-the-scenes work or getting your hands dirty, the Playground Committee would love to have you. Please contact email@example.com.
pps. Monday is Hot Lunch Day. Please remember to pack your children’s cutlery!
ppps. (can you add that many postcripts?) This Wednesday is our FINAL PAC Meeting of the school year @7pm in the school library. Among other things, we’re discussing budget for the next year, as well as Pumpkin Patch. Did you know that no one has come forward to help Eric run Pumpkin Patch next year? Please contact us if you are interested.