We have a few reminders and “save the dates” for you:
- Hot lunch ordering is open – so get your order in before January 22! If you missed the Booster Juice deadline, don’t worry, it will reopen on Jan 23rd.
- On Wednesday, January 28 @ 7pm, the PAC welcomes Drs. Pike and Brussoni who will present “Un-Wrapping Bubble-Wrapped Kids: The Importance of Risky Play“. Some PAC members saw their presentation a few months back and were so impressed, they decided to bring them to you! This event is free and we hope to see many of you there… especially those of you who are interested in shaping Lynn Valley’s playground in the years to come.
- On THURSDAY, February 19th (not the 8th or 18th as has been advertised) we have THE event of the season – our first Family Dance! Come dance the night away with Hot Wax DJ, get your silly on in the photo booth, scoop a prize for dance games and snack on tasty treats! Ticket forms and full details to come out soon! Volunteers are needed for the night so contact Tania Newman.
- Last but not least, we are starting to plan for next year:
- Our fabulous Hot Lunch team has served for two years, and a few of them are looking to hand over the reins to some keen new parents. Kyla has offered to stay on, so ideally we need a person to set-up ordering and liaise with the suppliers, one “on the ground” parent to supervise the handing out on the day, and possibly 1-2 parents to continue with our recycling program. This is a very well established operation and comes with training and documentation to get you up to speed. If you are interested, please talk to Suzie, Brenda, Kyla or Heather.
There are a few other activities we have in the works – but we won’t curse them by mentioning them in print too soon 🙂 You’ll have to come to tomorrow night’s PAC meeting to find out more!
- President’s Report- Jeanette Duey
- Administration report
- Treasurer’s Report- Maribeth Pearsona) Financials
- Communications (Nicole Eskes Chair)
- Fundraising (Eric Miura Chair)
- Programs (Mark Howard) Future planning
- Social (Tania Newman Chair)
- Family Dance
- PAC structure
- New Business:
- Mark Howard